Visiting Alaska has always been on my “Bucket List”.
I turned 50 this year, so it is time to get it off the list.
I plan on a solo motorcycle trip to Alaska.
This will be quit an adventure of an overweight old guy.
The Motorcycle I chose to use is a Suzuki DL650k8 (V-Strom). I bought the bike about 4 years ago to save on gas while going to and from work. About 9 months ago my wife gave me to go ahead to plan the trip. So I started planning and had to add a few things to the V-strom.
The Farkels on the bike are:
- H & B engine guard
- H & B skid plate
- Richland Fork Brace
- Richland Peg Lowering kit
- Highway Pegs
- Sonic Springs (front forks)
- DL1000 Rear Spring/Shock
- Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel
- Roc Bar Riser
- Madstad Windshield Bracket
- Laminer Touring Lip
- 16 tooth front sprocket
- Sargent Seat
- Luggage is Jesse Odyssey 1
- Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Block
- 2 Power outlets (marine grade)
- Heated Grips (generic)
- Air Thermostat with ice indicator